Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Art Show Experiences

I have completed my second art show. It was in my home town of Elgin, Illinois so I figured, why not. Travel time was practically nil and managing family life was a lot easier being so close. The first thing that I always like about these art shows is meeting the kind and wonderful people in the booths next to me. At my first show the couple had lots of advise for me, which I completely soaked in and was so appreciative of.
At this show I again met some wonderful fellow artists. There were two ladies sharing the booth next to me and we discovered that we're all on Etsy. We exchanged business cards and I've already "hearted" both of them. I hope you take some time to visit both of their shops, they're wonderful! I'd like to introduce you to them.

Christine Samardich of Tallulah's Satchels 
Exquisite hand knit, embroidered and felted items.


SALE leann 2
SALE   leann 2

Bobbi Ruffle Scarf 1 - cream, beige, brown
Bobbi Ruffle Scarf 1 - cream, beige, brown


Kris Cashmere Red Pillow 38
Her original Button Bouquets are unique and seemingly fly out of her shop at the art shows.

Beehive Button Bouquet - Multicolored
Beehive Button Bouquet - Multicolored

Beehive Button Bouquet - Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow
Beehive Button Bouquet - Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow
The other person sharing the booth with Chris was
LindaZepere of Claymate's Pottery
Hand thrown pottery
(Her pottery is unique with the addition of little creatures added on to the edges of many of her items)

Rufus bowl / square shape blue bowl with a white mouse
Rufus bowl / square shape blue bowl with a white mouse


Berry bowl with a saucer in mossy - rustic green
Berry bowl with a saucer in mossy - rustic green

Yarn bowl in amber brown and tan
Yarn bowl in amber brown and tan

Chloe mug - Blue mug with a brown dog
Chloe mug - Blue mug with a brown dog

Votive candle holder with Ernie - white owl
Votive candle holder with Ernie - white owl

4 comments:

  1. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing. I must go "heart" them now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Sue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice stuff! how were your sales? lets hear how you did, how was the crowd, how well did the people who put it on treat the artists? I am like you and just soak this stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you met some fellow artists and estians. Thanks so much for sharing their talents with the rest of us. I will have to check out their etsy stores as well. Beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete