Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Defining a Word Through Fine Art

I'm using this blog post to bring attention to the fine art world on Etsy by choosing one word and posting how different artists present it through their work.
____________________________________________
I think we're all tired of the cold and snow (well, don't count me, I kind of like the snow). Spring is looming around the corner, i.e. we turn our clocks ahead this Saturday, March 12th. I bet many of you have little early sprouts poking their way out of the ground. For those of you in the southern hemisphere, though, you're all headed toward fall!!
But for now I'll focus on the wonders of spring!
Wikipedia says: Spring is one of the four temperate seasons, the transition period between winter and summer. Spring and "springtime" refer to the season, and broadly to ideas of rebirth, renewal and regrowth. The specific definition of the exact timing of "spring" varies according to local climate, cultures and customs. At the spring equinox, days are close to 12 hours long with day length increasing as the season progresses.

S  R I N G
       S P R I N G
 Spring no. 8 / Seasons Cycles
Spring no. 8 / Seasons Cycles / Mixed Media on Handmade Paper
 
Woman In A Foggy Field
From anikatoro
Woman In A Foggy Field - 5x7 Fine Art Print FREE SHIPPING
ZOEE BUG
From cartbeforethehorse
ZOEE BUG--- Contemporary Folk Art Doll-MADE TO ORDER

Miniature Pansy
From SeaLilyStudio
Miniature Pansy - 8x10 Fine Art Print
 
Tulips In A Row
From AmeliaKayPhotography
Photograph - Tulips In A Row - Fine Art Floral Print (4x6) - Romantic Spring Botanical photograph - dreamt elitett
Portrait with Jackalope
From theblackapple
SPRING SALE Portrait with Jackalope Print 8x10

Spring blossoms
From stephmel
Spring blossoms, 8x6 original signed fine art photograph, springtime series

Spring Mist
From JoannasPhotography
Spring Mist-  bare wet spring branches with drops of dew, 10x10" (25x25cm) size print
Wildflowers
From TracyRisinger

White and Pink Clematis
From artistpalettehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/artistpalette?ref=top_trail
White and Pink Clematis Mixed Media Painting - FREE SHIPPING
 
I Am Alice
From sixthandmain
i am alice. poppies photograph - colorful spring flowers - blooms - rainbow - garden - original fine art print 16x20 metallic

5 comments:

  1. so beautiful!!!
    thank you so much for including my Spring Mist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Such wonderful treasures you have found! Although I too love the snow I am dreaming of spring now. Ready for the glorious change of season! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful and inspiring set!
    thank you for including my photograph among these wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty post! Thanks so much for adding my photo to the collection!!

    I am so ready for Spring...think I still have some time though. I heard that this weekend is going back into the freezing temps. I'll enjoy it while I can because Summer won't be far off! ;)
    Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete